Monday, September 04, 2006

Hmmm Teaching... Not as easy as it looks

Alright I will admit that I was one of those students who really didn't put to much thought into how much went on behind the scenes of teaching. I mean I watched my mother as a kindergarten teacher, but that was a lot of coloring. I guess I am just feeling over whelmed right now, and haven't found a balance yet. I may be reading more into things and stressing over little things (which I tend to do), but either way I am stressing. I had a dream about trying to teach writing a formal review! I think my classes are going ok, even though the teacher feels clueless... Which is good. I've come to believe that teaching is like parenting ( or what I have heard about it because I don't have any children) in that you are bound to think that everything you do is wrong, but in the end it works out ok. I felt stressed like this when I first started teaching swimming lessons, but pretty soon I got my groove and I was pretty good. In my opinion, of course. I am kind of concerned right now with creating lesson plans for the 2nd unit since we haven't really started looking at it and its been a long time since I have written in these styles. I hope that we can maybe go over some memoirs and Rhetorical analysis in class. I'm not worried about writing them myself, because I feel comfortable with my own writing ability, but I am worried about teaching them. I can't explain how I write and my processes, so I am worried about not being able to relate to my students in a understandable manner.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home