Friday, November 10, 2006

Fear--Really it is related to new media

Ok, well I suppose that I should talk about new Literacy. And all I have to say is when we think about what we are going to eat for dinner do we spell out "C-h-I-c-k-e-n"? NO! We picture it. Well I don't but I am sure all of the carnivores out there do. How hard is it to realize if we think in pictures, and even think through problems in pictures so why aren't we teaching in pictures? Well if pictures can't teach our students they will at least scare them. At least any picture from the news lately. I just finished watching a 20/20 episode about teen dating violence.. And well it hit a little bit close to home. Fear. Anyone who hasn't gone through it won't understand. The girl that was discussing her experience mention how her abuser still had half of her. Again, a little close to home. But still, why would a female lack the courage to speak out about violence against her. Because she's afraid that's why. For so long it has been the girl's fault--they deserved it or they were asking for it. Maybe we should start considering the real world when we are in the classroom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home